Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Meditation

I like to call this picture "The Miraculous Icon of Coromandel".
It was painted by children in the Kidsplus Group under the guidance of Jenny Poole and it sits outside St John's Coromandel Valley during the Advent and Christmas season.
Is it 'miraculous'?
Well Christmas is certainly a great spiritual gift.
You can reflect on this picture or any other for 5 or 10 minutes and allow God to miraculously give himself or herself to you

Sit down quietly and pray for openness to the Spirit of God

What am I most grateful for about the last day? What does this tell me about my life? How can I nurture this seed of insight?

Take some time to look at the details of this picture.

You don't need to judge whether they are good or bad, note the characters, the animals. Do you like the colours? Can you get a sense of the smell or the noise that is happening here?

How is Mary feeling? And what might Joseph be saying to her?

Is there something as you sit and take this scene in that particularly speaks to your life at this moment?

Take a few moments to share with God what you are thinking, feeling, hoping about Christmas

Talk with God, or Mary or Joseph.

Say quietly as you end this reflection:

AS I LOOK FOR GIFTS TO SHARE WITH OTHERS

I ASK YOU, O GOD, WHAT CAN I GIVE

I DO NOT HAVE A SHEEP, OR GOLD

POOR AS I AM, I GIVE YOU MY LIFE

AND AS POOR AS THAT IS

I KNOW IT IS WHAT YOU WANT.

If you find this meditation style helpful and need more assistance please email me

No comments: